Looks like I've got some major catching up to do on here!
First I would like to apologize for being so incredibly inactive lately. I also want to apologize to Lunawerewolfy
for still not having their drawing done. As soon as I have a bed again, and my scanner hooked up, I promise I'll scan and upload it!
Now I can
make my excuses catch you all up on where I've been and what I've been doing.
- Autumn semester for the U: I took a corsetry class as an audit. It was a great experience, and I was taught by one of my favorite teachers ever. She is a font of wisdom in our field, and she's also one of the kindest and most generous individuals I've met. This also gave the housing office an excuse for me to stay in my U apartment another semester, while I took the class and designed for the U's production of Avenue Q. (While it's nothing impressive, I can upload photos/drawings from both if you guys want to see them)
- Production stuff that I worked on during that semester: Headwaters Dance 2013-2014 season, Avenue Q, and The Nutcracker ballet. I also taught a few classes at our local fabric store, and made them some stock.
- Over the winter break, I went searching for a new place to live with a friend (since I had until Spring classes started to get out). We found some nice places, and I was excited to have him as a roomie since we're both so whacky. However, he applied to and got accepted for a 2 bedroom apartment on his own so I had to go searching all over again for a 1 bedroom I could afford on my own. I finally found the place I am now at, the lowest price I could find that was still liveable ($495/mo).
- I moved in a whirlwind and a lot of people helped me which I am immensely grateful for. Being somewhere for 2 years means you accumulate a lot of stuff, especially when you don't have a roommate to keep you in check.
- All my things are here, but the apartment is a mess; I have one table, a TV center, and a couch. My friends still have my bed (which we agreed they could hold onto until I moved into a new place), and I don't know if or when I'll get it back? So I may have to find a way to bring my old bed down from my mom's house.
- I also just finished up making the costumes for a dance project, and am throwing together the final touches on the costumes for Fire Speaks the Land, a project I designed for some years ago that is now going on tour (who knows, you guys may get to see it)!
TLDR: I moved and things are still pretty chaotic. Rent is kind of hard for me to make on my own, since my work pays per project, not per week/month; if anyone wants to commission me or donate I would be very grateful. (I honestly don't have enough for rent next month atm)
Today I'm going on a nearly-week-long trip to my mom's to help her pack up her house and clean, and get some furnishings for this new place, like my sewing table...some chairs...bookshelves...my bed, if I can fit it.
My hope is that this will mean I can ACTUALLY get this place set up and make it a workable space. Aka, I should be able to scan my stuff soon.
ANYWAYS. I hope I haven't bored you all to death now. Thank you for sticking with me, and I will try my hardest to keep putting things here for you dedicated watchers.
Sometimes I feel like Demu's the only one who looks hahaaa
Hope everyone is doing alright, and that everyone had a good Vday!
If anyone feels ambitious and wants to draw Horwell and Diz in smooshy smoochy cuteness/sexiness PLZ PLZ PLZ.
I am taking requests, for trades or money, at this time. I will let you know if I'm overworked, or if I don't think I can complete your request.
What am I offering? Pen, pencil, and/or digital drawings of all types, be it chibi, bust, full body, couples, groups, anthros, furries, you name it, I'll (more than likely) draw it. The only thing I will tend away from is explicit requests (ie. graphic nudity - artistic nudity will still be considered). Please send me a note if interested, and we will discuss all the details.
- Fire Speaks the Land
- Kiriban piece for Seyren-Windsor - Coloring
- Prize Lineart for Lunawerewolfy - Sketching
- Digital Painting (personal) - Details